About CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365
January 14th, 2019
CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 is an email signature management solution which allows your company to keep consistent branding in email communication.
Thanks to this tool, you can enjoy automatic, professional email signatures and disclaimers regardless of the email client or device used.
MS Office 365 message protection and CodeTwo
It is an era of security regulations such as GDPR, enterprises are putting a great effort into making email protection technologies more widely available. Lately, Microsoft has introduced significant changes to Office 365, helping users to safeguard their messages in a quicker and easier way. As people send more and more protected emails on a daily basis, some of you might be wondering: How this works with CodeTwo software?
Mail protection features in Office 365 – what’s changed?
Organizations that use Office 365 Message Encryption (OME) can benefit from out-of-the-box email protection policies such as Do Not Forward and Encrypt-Only. Recently, a new feature, Office 365 sensitivity labels, has been introduced to Office 365. Sensitivity labels do not require additional Azure Information Protection (AIP) licenses, so they are likely to become popular in the upcoming months.
Office 365 admins can manage the Do Not Forward and Encrypt-Only policies by using mail flow transport rules in the Exchange admin center. Office 365 sensitivity labels are handled through the Security and Compliance Center and can be used for message encryption, content marking, access control, or data retention.
From the users’ perspective, the new Office 365 mail protection features can be triggered on supported email clients such as Outlook or Outlook on the web (OWA). In OWA, the Protect option in the compose mode allows users to encrypt an email (Encrypt-Only), prevent it from being forwarded (Do Not Forward), or apply one of the organization’s protection policies, including sensitivity labels (as mentioned before, the available options depend on your Office 365 plan).
The viewing experience depends on who opens a protected message. If the recipient is within the same Office 365 organization and uses a current version of Outlook (including the mobile versions and Outlook on the web / OWA), the message can be opened normally. If the recipient is outside the sender’s organization, does not have an Office 365 account, or uses a different email client, they might need to take additional action, for example open a message wrapper and verify their identity in a web browser to access the protected content.
Office 365 environments
Our email signature solution for Office 365 tenants, CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365, adds signatures server-side when emails are routed through our services hosted in Microsoft Azure datacenters.
If a message is protected server-side, e.g. by using a mail flow transport rule that applies a rights management template (such as Do Not Forward or Encrypt-Only), then the whole message (including a signature added by CodeTwo) is encrypted.
An important advantage of adding signatures to a message and protecting this message server-side is that every email client (including mobile apps and Outlook for Mac) is supported.
If message protection is applied client-side, for example via the Protect options in Outlook on the web, email signatures are not added by our software because we do not interfere with the protected content.
A technology used in one of our older mail signature products allows us to add email signatures on the mail client side using a dedicated add-in, making it possible to add a signature to a protected email in Outlook. However, we are currently working on a modern solution to support all types of Office 365 protected emails on the client side.
Hybrid and on-premises environments
The programs from the CodeTwo Exchange Rules software family automatically recognize emails protected by Office 365 and exclude them from processing, so that they do nothing to the protected content. This applies to both incoming and outgoing protected emails.
For CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 solution > Contact Us
- Digitalization without Cyber Security
- The story of university data attacks
- What is Soar?
- When Protection Fails, Forensics can still win the game
- Drones are capable to capture your communications!
- 2019 The Year of Cyber Crime
- Email Security Gateways
- Introduction to SIEM
- Insider Threat
- A beginner’s guide to Blockchain
- NoSQL – High-performance, non relational database ...
- Leveraging Cloud for Disaster Recovery
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Cognitive Security AI Driven Cyber Security
- Introduction to Container Services
- Insider Threat Detection
- Build Secure and Governed Microservices with Kafka Streams
- Add and Manage photos in Outlook messages and contacts ...
- Security on a Budget
- About CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365
- Googles presence in China
- Check Point Software acquires Dome9 to beef up multi-cl ...
- Exploring the benefits and challenges of hyper converge ...
- Next Generation cloud backup and data protection for Of ...
- Backup for Office 365 with Code Two
- Email Security
- Cisco Issues Security Patch
- British Airways Hacked
- AutoML Vision
- Day 2 Keynote: Bringing the Cloud to You
- CI/CD in a Serverless World
- Keynote Google
- Google Cloud Next 2018 in Under 12 Minutes
- UAE Crowned as the most Digital Friendly Country
- Ransomware continues to prey on the UAE
- Chrome for all
- Machine Learning for a Future-Facing ZTS Revolution
- The Dawn of the Cloud
- Will Cryptocurrency Replace Conventional Currency
- Internet of Thing Under Attack
- Cloud Native Computing Transforming IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security with Artificial Intelligence
- Understanding Cybersecurity at the Corporate level
- Cryptojacking on the rise
- Google discontinues Google Search Appliance (GSA)
- Secure cloud entry points with Google Chrome Enterprise
- Cloud Infrastructure to drive UAE Cloud Computing Market
- AI to contribute $320 billion USD to Middle East GDP by 2030
- Well begun for well being
- A Spin around the Space
- Oracle opens first innovation hub with a focus on AI
- AI to bring a world of opportunities to Dubai
- The BitCoin Revolution
- Annihilating to a Green Thought
- The Intelligent Move
- Looking Right at the Face of Facebook and Google