October 14th, 2018
With the cyber world dominating our lives, cyberattacks represent a serious concern for organizations worldwide. Damage caused is not just limited to data (both personal and financial) but money, productivity and intellectual property as well. Global organizations worldwide will spend $101.6 billion annually on cyber security software, hardware and services by 2020 compared with spending of $100 billion in the last year, according to research from the International Data Corporation (IDC).
Everyone relies on critical infrastructure like power plants, banking, financial services, insurance, healthcare, retail , telecom, manufacturing and government where the threat landscape continues to evolve and securing these is essential to keeping our society functioning. Few of the recent cyberattack victims include – Zomato , British airlines, emirates airlines, Sony pictures to name a few.
Most common cyberattacks in the region currently, include ransomware, malware, virus, skimmers, crypto jacking, social engineering and phishing.
As technologies progress, the skills needed to deal with cyber-security needs are changing. The challenge is to train cyber-security professionals so that they can deal with threats as quickly as possible and also adapt their skills as needed because, according to a cyber-security ventures report, there will be some 3.5 million unfilled cyber-security roles by 2021. So it’s up to governments, universities, schools and businesses to collaborate in order to bridge this substantial skills gap.
It’s more important to prevent than protect by promoting awareness and accountability. As a part of its strategy to combat cyber-crime, the TRA says it has launched awareness campaigns, including lectures, seminars and workshops to promote cyber safety. It advises all concerned authorities and departments to create backup copies of their data, saving them on other devices that are not connected to the internet.
Email security and Archiving; threat intelligence and endpoint protection; two factor authentication; network monitoring and file auditing solutions; traditional enterprise security; data smart intelligence; SIEM and privilege account management are some of the cyber security solutions Mindfire Technologies offers to combat cyber-attacks.
- Digitalization without Cyber Security
- The story of university data attacks
- What is Soar?
- When Protection Fails, Forensics can still win the game
- Drones are capable to capture your communications!
- 2019 The Year of Cyber Crime
- Email Security Gateways
- Introduction to SIEM
- Insider Threat
- A beginner’s guide to Blockchain
- NoSQL – High-performance, non relational database ...
- Leveraging Cloud for Disaster Recovery
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Cognitive Security AI Driven Cyber Security
- Introduction to Container Services
- Insider Threat Detection
- Build Secure and Governed Microservices with Kafka Streams
- Add and Manage photos in Outlook messages and contacts ...
- Security on a Budget
- About CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365
- Googles presence in China
- Check Point Software acquires Dome9 to beef up multi-cl ...
- Exploring the benefits and challenges of hyper converge ...
- Next Generation cloud backup and data protection for Of ...
- Backup for Office 365 with Code Two
- Email Security
- Cisco Issues Security Patch
- British Airways Hacked
- AutoML Vision
- Day 2 Keynote: Bringing the Cloud to You
- CI/CD in a Serverless World
- Keynote Google
- Google Cloud Next 2018 in Under 12 Minutes
- UAE Crowned as the most Digital Friendly Country
- Ransomware continues to prey on the UAE
- Chrome for all
- Machine Learning for a Future-Facing ZTS Revolution
- The Dawn of the Cloud
- Will Cryptocurrency Replace Conventional Currency
- Internet of Thing Under Attack
- Cloud Native Computing Transforming IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security with Artificial Intelligence
- Understanding Cybersecurity at the Corporate level
- Cryptojacking on the rise
- Google discontinues Google Search Appliance (GSA)
- Secure cloud entry points with Google Chrome Enterprise
- Cloud Infrastructure to drive UAE Cloud Computing Market
- AI to contribute $320 billion USD to Middle East GDP by 2030
- Well begun for well being
- A Spin around the Space
- Oracle opens first innovation hub with a focus on AI
- AI to bring a world of opportunities to Dubai
- The BitCoin Revolution
- Annihilating to a Green Thought
- The Intelligent Move
- Looking Right at the Face of Facebook and Google