Ransomware continues to prey on the UAE
July 18th, 2018
The latest report by Trend Micro revealed that the GCC countries continue to be the chief targets of cyber-criminals, UAE and Kuwait being the most vulnerable countries prone to attacks. The UAE is the land of boundless possibilities for digital transformation and technological developments. With the great reward and power comes the great trials and responsibilities. Likewise, with the great digital revolution comes the susceptibility to the menace of cyberattacks.
In the first quarter of 2018, ransomware attacks were enumerated to be 2.4 million in the UAE out of the 1.7 billion attackers reported globally. The ransomware attacks accounted for 1.9 million in Kuwait and 1.2 million in Bahrain. The technical infrastructure of the companies should be upgraded to fit for the rapidly evolving digital transformation in the GCC countries. The government and business organisations should be equipped with highly advanced security to combat cyberattacks.
Furthermore, a total of 1.6 million malwares and about a million pernicious URL victims were reported in the UAE, which aggravates the whole scenario. The figures are indicators for the imminent cyber-attacks in the GCC countries and calls for immediate attention from the part of the organisations.
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Cognitive Security AI Driven Cyber Security
- Introduction to Container Services
- Insider Threat Detection
- Build Secure and Governed Microservices with Kafka Streams
- Add and Manage photos in Outlook messages and contacts ...
- Security on a Budget
- About CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365
- Googles presence in China
- Check Point Software acquires Dome9 to beef up multi-cl ...
- Exploring the benefits and challenges of hyper converge ...
- Next Generation cloud backup and data protection for Of ...
- Backup for Office 365 with Code Two
- Email Security
- Cisco Issues Security Patch
- British Airways Hacked
- AutoML Vision
- Day 2 Keynote: Bringing the Cloud to You
- CI/CD in a Serverless World
- Keynote Google
- Google Cloud Next 2018 in Under 12 Minutes
- UAE Crowned as the most Digital Friendly Country
- Ransomware continues to prey on the UAE
- Chrome for all
- Machine Learning for a Future-Facing ZTS Revolution
- The Dawn of the Cloud
- Will Cryptocurrency Replace Conventional Currency
- Internet of Thing Under Attack
- Cloud Native Computing Transforming IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security with Artificial Intelligence
- Understanding Cybersecurity at the Corporate level
- Cryptojacking on the rise
- Google discontinues Google Search Appliance (GSA)
- Secure cloud entry points with Google Chrome Enterprise
- Cloud Infrastructure to drive UAE Cloud Computing Market
- AI to contribute $320 billion USD to Middle East GDP by 2030
- Well begun for well being
- A Spin around the Space
- Oracle opens first innovation hub with a focus on AI
- AI to bring a world of opportunities to Dubai
- The BitCoin Revolution
- Annihilating to a Green Thought
- The Intelligent Move
- Looking Right at the Face of Facebook and Google