The story of university data attacks
November 18th, 2019
It is very shocking to know that the cyber criminals have not spared the education sectors from their target zone.
Few months back there was a cyber crime incident, where the hackers were suspected to be from Iran. The education sectors and the universities became the victims of malicious attacks.
It was also found that more than 8,000 credentials and student information out of 10,000 were compromised during this incident.
According to the Investigation, more than $3 billion intellectual property was manhandled by the malefactors.
THE ILLEGAL ACT
The hackers had hacked the personal details of the students enrolled in the university.
They exploited the data of the HOD, Professors, admin officers and other university affiliates.
The hackers worked in multiple groups to breach the data.
The Investigators found that the Institute networks were never monitored by any security software, which led to more of trouble in the case.
This incident became an eye- opener to other educational institutions, and they started taking measures on network security systems. Stealing student records is the most awful crime throughout the world.
Universities generally keep all the personal information’s of the data of the students.
Therefore, there should be a network monitoring system, which keeps an eye on all the data’s and monitors the entire system of the organization and keeps a track on it.
With proper network monitoring system, the system admin can receive an alert notification if any suspicious behavior is observed.
Also, proper user authentication process can ensure comprehensive security to the institute’s network infrastructure.
- A guide to onboard Security Information and Event Manag ...
- Digitalization without Cyber Security
- The story of university data attacks
- What is Soar?
- When Protection Fails, Forensics can still win the game
- Drones are capable to capture your communications!
- 2019 The Year of Cyber Crime
- Email Security Gateways
- Introduction to SIEM
- Insider Threat
- A beginner’s guide to Blockchain
- NoSQL – High-performance, non relational database ...
- Leveraging Cloud for Disaster Recovery
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Cognitive Security AI Driven Cyber Security
- Introduction to Container Services
- Insider Threat Detection
- Build Secure and Governed Microservices with Kafka Streams
- Add and Manage photos in Outlook messages and contacts ...
- Security on a Budget
- About CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365
- Googles presence in China
- Check Point Software acquires Dome9 to beef up multi-cl ...
- Exploring the benefits and challenges of hyper converge ...
- Next Generation cloud backup and data protection for Of ...
- Backup for Office 365 with Code Two
- Email Security
- Cisco Issues Security Patch
- British Airways Hacked
- AutoML Vision
- Day 2 Keynote: Bringing the Cloud to You
- CI/CD in a Serverless World
- Keynote Google
- Google Cloud Next 2018 in Under 12 Minutes
- UAE Crowned as the most Digital Friendly Country
- Ransomware continues to prey on the UAE
- Chrome for all
- Machine Learning for a Future-Facing ZTS Revolution
- The Dawn of the Cloud
- Will Cryptocurrency Replace Conventional Currency
- Internet of Thing Under Attack
- Cloud Native Computing Transforming IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security with Artificial Intelligence
- Understanding Cybersecurity at the Corporate level
- Cryptojacking on the rise
- Google discontinues Google Search Appliance (GSA)
- Secure cloud entry points with Google Chrome Enterprise
- Cloud Infrastructure to drive UAE Cloud Computing Market
- AI to contribute $320 billion USD to Middle East GDP by 2030
- Well begun for well being
- A Spin around the Space
- Oracle opens first innovation hub with a focus on AI
- AI to bring a world of opportunities to Dubai
- The BitCoin Revolution
- Annihilating to a Green Thought
- The Intelligent Move
- Looking Right at the Face of Facebook and Google