Googles presence in China
December 23rd, 2018
A tie-up with large Chinese tech firms, like Tencent and Inspur, a major cloud solution and server provider, would give Google powerful allies as it attempts a broader return to mainland China, where it pulled its search engine in 2010 over censorship concerns.
in addition to investing more in Chinese companies, Google has started rebuilding its presence in China by building a cloud data center region in Hong Kong this year and opening an artificial intelligence research center in Beijing in January.
Google in China can compete with more with larger rivals Amazon.com Inc. and Microsoft Corp if it engages in a cloud partnership. In late 2017, giants like Amazon and Microsoft agreed to sell their Chinese servers and some other cloud assets to their specific local partners, Beijing Sinnet Technology Co and 21Vianet Group Inc respectively thereby abiding by the law stating the storage of data within the country and bolstering government control over the movement of information. With Tencent, Google would have an even more high-profile ally — but would also go up against local competitors including Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., which operates a major cloud business in China.
Synergy ranked Google fourth in the Asian cloud market, behind Amazon, Alibaba and Microsoft back in June post which Google struck a patent-sharing deal with Tencent. The agreement came with an understanding that the two companies would team up on developing future technologies in China which is the second-largest cloud market. Tencent operates its own cloud service and is building an ecosystem of partners that includes Cisco Systems Inc., Nvidia Corp. and Deloitte and is already offering a cloud service called the Tencent Kubernetes Engine which is based on a popular Google technology. Google could also host services, such as Gmail, Drive and Docs, on Tencent’s data centers, leading Tencent to suggest their existing cloud customers to try Google offerings.
Tencent founder Pony Ma is also a representative of China’s National People’s Congress, and Inspur, formerly the state-owned Shandong Electronics Devices Plant, could provide political cover for Google as it seeks to gain approval from authorities to operate more of its largest businesses in country.
Google has touted the security and AI strengths of its cloud division. Tensorflow, a coding library for AI applications created by Google, although is compatible with other cloud services, it’s designed to work most efficiently with Google’s cloud.
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Cognitive Security AI Driven Cyber Security
- Introduction to Container Services
- Insider Threat Detection
- Build Secure and Governed Microservices with Kafka Streams
- Add and Manage photos in Outlook messages and contacts ...
- Security on a Budget
- About CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365
- Googles presence in China
- Check Point Software acquires Dome9 to beef up multi-cl ...
- Exploring the benefits and challenges of hyper converge ...
- Next Generation cloud backup and data protection for Of ...
- Backup for Office 365 with Code Two
- Email Security
- Cisco Issues Security Patch
- British Airways Hacked
- AutoML Vision
- Day 2 Keynote: Bringing the Cloud to You
- CI/CD in a Serverless World
- Keynote Google
- Google Cloud Next 2018 in Under 12 Minutes
- UAE Crowned as the most Digital Friendly Country
- Ransomware continues to prey on the UAE
- Chrome for all
- Machine Learning for a Future-Facing ZTS Revolution
- The Dawn of the Cloud
- Will Cryptocurrency Replace Conventional Currency
- Internet of Thing Under Attack
- Cloud Native Computing Transforming IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security with Artificial Intelligence
- Understanding Cybersecurity at the Corporate level
- Cryptojacking on the rise
- Google discontinues Google Search Appliance (GSA)
- Secure cloud entry points with Google Chrome Enterprise
- Cloud Infrastructure to drive UAE Cloud Computing Market
- AI to contribute $320 billion USD to Middle East GDP by 2030
- Well begun for well being
- A Spin around the Space
- Oracle opens first innovation hub with a focus on AI
- AI to bring a world of opportunities to Dubai
- The BitCoin Revolution
- Annihilating to a Green Thought
- The Intelligent Move
- Looking Right at the Face of Facebook and Google