AI to contribute $320 billion USD to Middle East GDP by 2030
February 27th, 2018
According to a report by PwC Middle East, Artificial Intelligence could contribute US$320 billion to Middle East economy in 2030, equivalent to 11% of GDP. The greatest gains from Artificial Intelligence are likely to be in UAE with contribution of up to 13.6% GDP in 2030. This is followed by Saudi Arabia (12.4 per cent), the other GCC countries (8.2 per cent) and then Egypt (7.7 per cent).
Relative to their size, the retail and wholesale trade sector and the public sector (including health and education) stand to experience the most significant contribution from AI.
In what is reckoned to be the fourth industrial revolution, governments and businesses across Middle East are beginning to realize the global shift towards Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. They are faced with a choice to be part of the digital transformation or get left behind. There are greater, untapped opportunities that could extend the impact of AI on the region’s economy, moreover the impact could be even larger if governments continue to push the boundaries of innovation and implementation of AI across businesses.
In the Middle East, UAE is seen as a pioneer in adopting disruptive technologies and has positioned themselves as one of the leaders for AI in the region, and quite possibly the world. The country beat every other nation in the world when they appointed a minister for Artificial Intelligence in 2017. UAE’s AI strategy covers development and application in nine sectors: Transport, health, space, renewable energy, water, technology, education, environment, and traffic. Investment in AI technologies could strategically position the region for the years to come and help it move away from its reliance on oil.
- Email Security Gateways
- Introduction to SIEM
- Insider Threat
- A beginner’s guide to Blockchain
- NoSQL – High-performance, non relational database ...
- Leveraging Cloud for Disaster Recovery
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Cognitive Security AI Driven Cyber Security
- Introduction to Container Services
- Insider Threat Detection
- Build Secure and Governed Microservices with Kafka Streams
- Add and Manage photos in Outlook messages and contacts ...
- Security on a Budget
- About CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365
- Googles presence in China
- Check Point Software acquires Dome9 to beef up multi-cl ...
- Exploring the benefits and challenges of hyper converge ...
- Next Generation cloud backup and data protection for Of ...
- Backup for Office 365 with Code Two
- Email Security
- Cisco Issues Security Patch
- British Airways Hacked
- AutoML Vision
- Day 2 Keynote: Bringing the Cloud to You
- CI/CD in a Serverless World
- Keynote Google
- Google Cloud Next 2018 in Under 12 Minutes
- UAE Crowned as the most Digital Friendly Country
- Ransomware continues to prey on the UAE
- Chrome for all
- Machine Learning for a Future-Facing ZTS Revolution
- The Dawn of the Cloud
- Will Cryptocurrency Replace Conventional Currency
- Internet of Thing Under Attack
- Cloud Native Computing Transforming IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security with Artificial Intelligence
- Understanding Cybersecurity at the Corporate level
- Cryptojacking on the rise
- Google discontinues Google Search Appliance (GSA)
- Secure cloud entry points with Google Chrome Enterprise
- Cloud Infrastructure to drive UAE Cloud Computing Market
- AI to contribute $320 billion USD to Middle East GDP by 2030
- Well begun for well being
- A Spin around the Space
- Oracle opens first innovation hub with a focus on AI
- AI to bring a world of opportunities to Dubai
- The BitCoin Revolution
- Annihilating to a Green Thought
- The Intelligent Move
- Looking Right at the Face of Facebook and Google