Cloud Infrastructure to drive UAE Cloud Computing Market
April 24th, 2018
The UAE cloud market is still in early stages of adoption with the implementation of private Infrastructure-as-a-service (laas) viewed by many as a critical first step towards broader cloud adoption. The biggest challenges to cloud adoption are data privacy concerns, compliance, regulatory issues and infrastructure integration problems. Today, many countries in the region have data residency requirements which means that data has to reside in that country.
To capture the growing cloud computing market, big players like Oracle, SAP, Amazon among others are setting up their data centers in the region to keep pace with the growing customer base.
The US software giant, Oracle is set to open its first cloud data center in the Middle East & Africa in Abu Dhabi between May & August. It will be the company’s 29th center globally. Global Vendors such as SAP and Alibaba have data centers in Dubai while Amazon has it in Bahrain.
According to research firm International Data Corporation, public cloud spending in the region is expected to cross $1.1 billion (Dh4 billion) this year compared to previous year. Many organizations now can reap the benefits of cloud computing such as quick deployment of IT resources, resource sharing within the security of their own organizations.
Oracle believes that cloud computing infrastructure will be the base for UAE’s ambitious plan in the field of Artificial Intelligence and IoT. Arun Khehar, senior vice-president of applications at Oracle Eastern Central Europe, Middle East, Africa, believes that there is a great cloud opportunity for Oracle for three key reasons — Smart City and Expo 2020, Saudi Arabia Vision 2030 and Abu Dhabi Vision 2030.
- Email Security Gateways
- Introduction to SIEM
- Insider Threat
- A beginner’s guide to Blockchain
- NoSQL – High-performance, non relational database ...
- Leveraging Cloud for Disaster Recovery
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Cognitive Security AI Driven Cyber Security
- Introduction to Container Services
- Insider Threat Detection
- Build Secure and Governed Microservices with Kafka Streams
- Add and Manage photos in Outlook messages and contacts ...
- Security on a Budget
- About CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365
- Googles presence in China
- Check Point Software acquires Dome9 to beef up multi-cl ...
- Exploring the benefits and challenges of hyper converge ...
- Next Generation cloud backup and data protection for Of ...
- Backup for Office 365 with Code Two
- Email Security
- Cisco Issues Security Patch
- British Airways Hacked
- AutoML Vision
- Day 2 Keynote: Bringing the Cloud to You
- CI/CD in a Serverless World
- Keynote Google
- Google Cloud Next 2018 in Under 12 Minutes
- UAE Crowned as the most Digital Friendly Country
- Ransomware continues to prey on the UAE
- Chrome for all
- Machine Learning for a Future-Facing ZTS Revolution
- The Dawn of the Cloud
- Will Cryptocurrency Replace Conventional Currency
- Internet of Thing Under Attack
- Cloud Native Computing Transforming IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security with Artificial Intelligence
- Understanding Cybersecurity at the Corporate level
- Cryptojacking on the rise
- Google discontinues Google Search Appliance (GSA)
- Secure cloud entry points with Google Chrome Enterprise
- Cloud Infrastructure to drive UAE Cloud Computing Market
- AI to contribute $320 billion USD to Middle East GDP by 2030
- Well begun for well being
- A Spin around the Space
- Oracle opens first innovation hub with a focus on AI
- AI to bring a world of opportunities to Dubai
- The BitCoin Revolution
- Annihilating to a Green Thought
- The Intelligent Move
- Looking Right at the Face of Facebook and Google