Google discontinues Google Search Appliance (GSA)
April 24th, 2018
Google discontinues Google Search Appliance, the company’s first business-focused product introduced in 2002, is being phased out. Google Search Appliance (GSA) delivers a flexible, powerful search and analytics capabilities that support various business functions. Google is phasing out the GSA as part of its strategy to move from an on-premise to a cloud-based solution.
Google discontinues Google Search Appliance Renewal
GSA renewals end in 2018 and support ends in 2019. Once the license expires, your GSA will cease to work. Hence, the critical date for a GSA user is the license expiration date.
During your research to find a replacement, it’s imperative to ask the following questions.
What is the core programming technology?
Is it open source or proprietary?
What is the total cost of ownership?
What are the skill sets required to implement the solution?
Open source solution like Elasticsearch provides economic advantages and higher degree of flexibility. However, your organization may need a skilled pool of resources to implement the solution.
Search engines can scale up to handle billions of documents. However, as the data volume increases, the search engine has to be configured accordingly. For commercial search engines, cost is affected by its ability to scale.
GSA provides comprehensive security features to safeguard your documents. One has to makes sure that following security features are available in your selected search engine.
• Authentication / SSO (Single Sign On)
• Document-level security
• Field-level security
• Third-party security trimming APIs
Mindfire Technologies, is the leading technology services firm in UAE specializing in the design, implementation, and management of search and big data analytics solutions. Whether you are at the initial phase of researching your GSA migration options or you already have a search engine in mind for implementation, we can assist you in areas including:
• Application Assessment
• Strategy Recommendations
• System Design, Implementation, and Migration Services – Cloud Migration, Data center migration, Public Cloud Migration, Oracle cloud migration,, Storage migration, Email migration, Microsoft Exchange migration, Office 365 Migration • Hosting, Support, and Managed Services
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Cognitive Security AI Driven Cyber Security
- Introduction to Container Services
- Insider Threat Detection
- Build Secure and Governed Microservices with Kafka Streams
- Add and Manage photos in Outlook messages and contacts ...
- Security on a Budget
- About CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365
- Googles presence in China
- Check Point Software acquires Dome9 to beef up multi-cl ...
- Exploring the benefits and challenges of hyper converge ...
- Next Generation cloud backup and data protection for Of ...
- Backup for Office 365 with Code Two
- Email Security
- Cisco Issues Security Patch
- British Airways Hacked
- AutoML Vision
- Day 2 Keynote: Bringing the Cloud to You
- CI/CD in a Serverless World
- Keynote Google
- Google Cloud Next 2018 in Under 12 Minutes
- UAE Crowned as the most Digital Friendly Country
- Ransomware continues to prey on the UAE
- Chrome for all
- Machine Learning for a Future-Facing ZTS Revolution
- The Dawn of the Cloud
- Will Cryptocurrency Replace Conventional Currency
- Internet of Thing Under Attack
- Cloud Native Computing Transforming IT Infrastructure
- Cyber Security with Artificial Intelligence
- Understanding Cybersecurity at the Corporate level
- Cryptojacking on the rise
- Google discontinues Google Search Appliance (GSA)
- Secure cloud entry points with Google Chrome Enterprise
- Cloud Infrastructure to drive UAE Cloud Computing Market
- AI to contribute $320 billion USD to Middle East GDP by 2030
- Well begun for well being
- A Spin around the Space
- Oracle opens first innovation hub with a focus on AI
- AI to bring a world of opportunities to Dubai
- The BitCoin Revolution
- Annihilating to a Green Thought
- The Intelligent Move
- Looking Right at the Face of Facebook and Google